If you ever find yourself on the Strange Hwy–don’t turn around. Don’t panic. Just. Keep. Going. You never know what you’ll find.
You’ll see magic at the fingertips of an autistic young man,
- A teen girl’s afternoon, lifetime of loss.
- A winged man, an angel? Demon–?
- Mother’s recognition, peace to daughter.
- Danny’s death, stifled secrets.
- Black man’s music, guitar transforms boy.
- Dead brother, open confession.
- First love, supernatural?–family becomes whole!
You can exit the Strange Hwy and come back any time you want.
See, now you know the way in, don’t be a stranger.
I won this wonderful collection of short stories some time ago, but only recently had the time to crack it open.
Strange Hwy is comprised of nineteen stories that range from the supernatural, to the earthly. Some ended in tragedy, while others made me smile, happy for the outcome.
There were copious servings of poignancy, situations that seemed all too real, but that’s a sign of great writing. One in particular, had me scratching my head as to what really happened to a young girl.
Each tale is unique and there’s no distinguishable pattern that I could detect, for me, that’s a good thing.
I’d highly recommend taking a journey down this highway.
Five Stars for Strange Hwy!